Teaching Head of Year
An exciting opportunity to contribute to and shape the lives of young people.
Salary: Fringe Main Pay Scale and Upper Pay Scale plus TLR dependant on Candidate
Location: The Priory CE School, Dorking
Deadline: Tuesday 7 May. Interviews will take place on Friday 10 May
Start Date: September 2019
Ofsted: Good (March 2019)
Are you an outstanding, ambitious and dedicated teacher looking for the next step in your career? Are you passionate about supporting and positively influencing young people as they grow and develop into adults? Are you a current or potential leader of staff and students able to model and communicate the highest professional standards, both academically and pastorally?
The Priory CE School in Dorking is seeking to appoint a teaching Head of Year. The successful candidate will be an experienced member of the teaching profession with a successful track record of high standards, being able to demonstrate that their students have made excellent progress. This postholder will:
- Facilitate the leadership of a year group, managing a team of five form tutors and leading a year group of 150 students
- Promote and adhere to school policies regarding behaviour for learning, standards of uniform, punctuality and attendance
- Work with a range of support staff in order to sustain high standards and make further improvements
- Work within a team of teaching Heads of Year to ensure consistent approaches across the year groups and to share good practice
- To celebrate and reward outstanding contributions to the school and beyond its gates
- To monitor the progress of all students through the analysis of a range of data, working with Heads of Department and Subject Leaders as appropriate in order to ensure all students make appropriate levels of progress.
At The Priory School, our Christian distinctiveness is embodied in our core values of Wisdom, Dignity, Hope and Community, and a Head of Year promotes and propagates these through assemblies and year group activities. The PSHCE programme is under review for September 2019 and contributions to this would be valued.
Applications from teachers of all subjects are welcome, but especially English, Maths, Science, Business Studies, Food Technology and Humanities.
The Priory School has recently been inspected by Ofsted and we are delighted to have retained our status as a Good school. Inspectors recognised ‘principled and determined leadership’ by Rachel Gibb, Headteacher, and commented that ‘Staff care a great deal about pupil’s personal development and emotional well-being. Consequently, relationships between pupils and staff are very strong’. This is an opportunity for you to become a part of our established culture of mutual respect and personal growth.
If you wish to join a school that is thriving but destined for even greater things, working in an environment where your professional development and well-being are continuously supported, then we would welcome your application which should be submitted by noon on Tuesday 7 May 2019.