SENSORY &/OR PHYSICAL NEEDS
My child has sensory &/or physical needs.
This section covers students who have difficulties with:
- Gross motor co-ordination
- Fine motor co-ordination
- Self-organisation for daily living
- This may include conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, dyspraxia and other medical conditions
NB: please see Speech, Language and Social Communication section for sensory issues relating to ASD/Asperger Syndrome
What can The Priory offer?
All students at The Priory can access:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice).
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- School adheres to guidelines on physical access.
- Access to homework support clubs
- KS2 to KS3 transition support via Transition programme
- Year 7, 8 and 10 students have access to spelling, reading and comprehension intervention sessions during tutor time.
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs
- Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
As for all Priory students plus…
- Medical Care Plans
- Handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training
- Group discussions and information giving from our qualified school nurse
- Access to assistive technology, laptops, software, audio digital books and apps.
- Learning Support Assistant provision in some lessons
- Targeted lunch time clubs for vulnerable students.
- Personalised support plans
- Individual handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training
- Outside Agency support from Advisory Teachers when needed
- Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources
- Access to assistive technology, software, audio digital books and apps
- Targeted Learning Support Assistant provision for complex medical needs, including practical support
- Post 16 Transition support
- External agency advice where needed
- Exam Access Arrangements