My child has difficulties with Communication and Interaction
This can include:
- Understanding language
- Using language
- Understanding how to communicate socially with other people
- Conditions include: Specific Language Disorder, ASD/ASC (Autism), Asperger Syndrome, speech sound disorders/delay.
- Please see separate section of the website for EAL (English as an Additional Language) services in the school.
What can The Priory offer?
All students at The Priory can access:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice).
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and theme
- Access to homework support clubs
- Access to software packages such as Docs+
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
Support for targeted groups of students may include:
- Assessment and identification of language need
- Learning Support Assistant provision in some lessons
- Access to Speech, Language & Communication specialist HLTA.
Targeted individual support may include
As for all Priory students plus…
- 1:1 session with a speech and language therapist.
- 1:1 sessions with other specialist staff in the school, linked to other needs on ECHP (e.g. Nurture Group)
- Access to Speech, Language & Communication specialist HLTA for 1:1 withdrawal sessions
- Individual Learning Support Assistant provision in some lessons
- On-going monitoring and regular feedback to parents and students (at least termly and including the Annual Review)
- Exam Access Arrangements.
- Post 16 transition support.